Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you've looked thorough my previous posts you've probably have already come across this recipe. I was inspired to take a second look at this recipe after my mother in law had commented when she made them they didn't turn out like she had remembered having them when they were visiting. After thinking about it and making them again to check for measurements I decided it was probably the pumpkin. I have a small stock pile of freshly roasted sugar pumpkin in my freezer which means I never need to use canned pumpkin, but the sugar pumpkin puree has a lot more moisture which would certainly affect the texture of the cookies... So while I was making these cookies again to make sure all the measurements were correct I've made a few changes to the recipe which you can see here. These cookies are very cakey and not too high in fat so they are better eaten the day they are made or even the day after (they go really well with your morning cup of coffee). The batter can easily keep in the refrigerator for a few days and then beyond that you can scoop the dough onto a lined sheet pan and freeze the dough for later. Nothing is more handy than when you are craving some freshly baked cookies and all you have to do is go to the freezer and pull a few cookies out and 20 minutes later you have freshly cookies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I cant wait to try these!

Sherry said...

Thanks Emma. I'll give them another try when we get home.

Zoe said...

I love love these cookies! Lovely blog you have!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look delicious! Pumpkin and chocolate -- not a combo you see often but a combo that is definitly worth trying!

Abbie said...

Pumpkin might be the best flavor ever. These look great.