Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Recipe Old Memories...


So with a big break and a full refrigerator I have a long list of things I want to make. I'm starting with what needs to be used up first... I had lot's of roasted peppers and ran across a recipe in Sunset Magazine the other day for Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip. I thought it looked like a great way to use up all the roasted red peppers I had. It's not normal for me to just follow a recipe with out any improvising or substitutions, but surprisingly I did and aside from adding a little more salt I left it just as it was, and it was great.
When I was still living at home there was this great little deli that made really great veggie sandwiches on Dutch Crunch rolls. I loved them and I think what I loved most about them was this roasted red pepper spread that they put on it. At the time I had no idea how it was made, but one taste of this dip and I knew! It's amazing to so unexpectedly discover something so familiar. Kind of like when I met my husband I suppose. (that's another story) I might have to tackle some dutch crunch rolls and work on recreating that sandwich.

1 comment:

Sherry and Ronnie said...

I'm looking forward to following your blog and picking up some tips and recipes. We brag to our friends about you all the time so now I can tell them about your blog and they can see for themselves. Ryan's photography will make it special!