Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hoisin ginger dipping sauce, dressing, and marinade

Hoisin Ginger Sauce

I struggled with what to call this. I modified a recipe I found in Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison and the recipe was labeled "Marinated Tofu". I didn't use it with tofu,so that wasn't going to work for a recipe title but used it for almost everything else! It worked great for dipping sauce for salad rolls and pot stickers. I also used it with buckwheat noodles for a cold veggie and noodle salad. I also used it as kind of a marinade with some steamed chicken (tossed the cooked chicken in the sauce which it soaked up...). If I had any left it could have easily also been used for a stir fry sauce. It's versatile, fast and keeps for a while! What more could you ask from a recipe?

Hoisin Ginger Sauce (approximately 2 cups)

1/3 cup hoisin
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1/3 cup mirin
3 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 TBS brown sugar
1 1/2 TBS tomato paste
3 cloves garlic minced
1 TBS minced ginger

All you have to do is put it all in a bowl and mix! I've kept it for two weeks with no problems (in the refrigerator)


Bucky said...

Looks wonderful. Making my mouth water just from reading the recipe.

Will make this sauce tomorrow -- as soon as I can get to the store to buy some more sesame oil.


Tiffany said...

I just stumbled on your blog, love it! This is perfect for the stir fry I was thinking of making tonight, thank you!

bed frames said...

This looks so wonderful! I am so curious with the dipping sauce.